Below please find pricing and
additional policies for having events at either
of our Guest Houses:
- Group Events & Meetings:
- If you are renting the entire house you can have up to
4 non-registered guests over for a gathering at no additional cost. Please let us know if you are planning anything larger,
and the following pricing and policies will apply.
- Appropriate Events include:
- small fund raisers
- small receptions
- business meetings
- wedding showers and baby showers
- Up to 30 Guests can attend an event at the
- Up to 40 Guests can attend an event at the
- No Second Floor Access During Events:
Event guests do not have access to the bedrooms, or second floor
- Semi-Formal Events Please and limited Alcohol
Consumption - bottled beer and wine only: Due to the historic
museum like nature of the homes grilling and barbequing, dancing, DJs and
loud music and excessive alcohol consumption, getting drunk, underage drinking and kegs are
High school graduation parties and parties for children are also not
appropriate for the Victorian museum setting. There are a number
of places in Steubenville that cater to larger more active events, I can
make recommendations if our Victorian setting isn't what you are looking
- Supplies: If you need chairs, tables,
dinnerware, etc., we suggest General Rental. They are close and
- Timing: Events can last up to 4 hours and can start as
early as 11 am and must end by 10 pm.
- Pricing: We do not charge for the event
but we do require whole house rental the day before and the day of the event.
A $1000 cash refundable damage deposit will be required for every event.
- Catering: Catering is
available through several local caterers or you can choose your own.
Event food preparation
the kitchen, however you can use the kitchen counters and table for serving and setting up.
- Cleanup: You must clean up
everything you bring into the house, and on the porch and yard before you go, and leave the kitchen
clean. All trash needs to be bagged up and put out by
the trash cans in the alley behind the Garrett House. We suggest you rent dinnerware from General Rental, they
have everything, dinnerware, glassware, cooking, utensils, etc., that
are in the kitchens are NOT available for event use. Or have your caterer provide the
dinnerware. Clean up and all damages of any kind will be charged
against your security deposit.
- We will generally drive or stop by during an event to see how things are going,
and depending on the event we may be there during the event.